The Finance and Accounts Manager will be deeply engaged in the business ensuring the prosperity and impact delivery of Loam.
You will be at the centre of a small venture backed business, you will need to be comfortable in ambiguity and be good at drawing out structure from uncertainty. We are a fast growing start up; You will be working in a ‘hands on’ capacity as well as at a strategic level.
Managing the financial reporting for the organisation. This includes monthly financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, all statutory financial reporting, and drafting results and insights for the board.
- Providing sound financial analysis and insights to enable critical business decisions.
- Managing and overseeing the company’s financial and accounting systems including bookkeeping.
- Managing and overseeing the taxation affairs of the organisation and liaising with external service providers.
- Developing formal finance related policies and procedures and assisting with HR, and IT policies where appropriate.
- Managing and overseeing the company’s banking arrangements.
- Providing input for information packs, and due diligence with investors.
- Overseeing accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax, payroll, financial and management accounting functions.
- Risk management to ensure the business has a solid financial risk framework in place
- Managing and tracking budget and accounting information including billing, and tax information.
The right candidate is a unique mix of get up and go, ambition, and attention to detail. This is not your average finance job and the candidate will need to be willing to roll their sleeves up, jumping from the mundane to the extraordinary quickly. Attention to detail, strong analytical skills, being an expert communicator, both written and verbal will be key. The candidate will have a degree in accounting and or finance along with a passion for strategy and entrepreneurship.